News and tips on road trips, outdoors and gear
The Quirky Story Behind An Iconic Jacket By Fjällräven
- Fjällräven backpacks and outdoor wear are classic products that hikers, trekkers, skiers and people on expeditions are familiar with. You may have known that the strange brand name comes from Sweden, but have you heard the story how the business got started. It involves boy scouts, expeditions, bees and paraffin.
Renault Kangoo Van Z.E.33 Voted “Best Electric Van” At VansA2Z & Van Fleet World 2018 Van Awards
- British vehicle experts have voted the best electric van of 2018, and the results are in. The Renault Kangoo Van Z.E.33 won the award (Kangoo is a relatively small vehicle, not a full-size van, but they are used for road trips as well).
Switzerland’s Invisible Linguistic Borders
- After reading this article, I seriously wondered how a country like Switzerland has been established in the first place. Mountains separate regions that have their own languages and cultures. The article has some answers my questions – and in any case, Switzerland is an outdoor lover’s dreams-come-true destination.
Algarve, Southern Portugal Travel Guide
- Algarve is a year-round destination but the high season is the summer when the beaches attract vacation-goers. There are plenty of remarkable sights and places to visit in South Portugal – the history of the region has been so colorful.
Part-Time Vanlife as a Family: WDN Interview
Westfalia Digital Nomads
- A small family (mom, dad, and daughter) work full-time and go to school full-time, but spend their leisure time on the road in a campervan. From Spain, they tend to travel to natural and historical destinations in Europe.
France by rail: 10 of the best summer trips
- The routes suggested by the article start from London, but never mind that because the destinations in France have been well selected. Great choices to the variety of France.
Five electric cars tested in cold Norwegian winter: how did they do?
Green Car Reports
- Cold conditions decrease the energy capacity of batteries of electric vehicles, which is worth considering if you are planning a road trip, for instance, to Nordic countries. Here is a road test in Norwegian winter of five compact electric cars. Opel and Hyundai had the most positive reviews.
Beginner’s Guide To Hit The Best Hiking Trails On The Planet
Hiking the Trail
- A brief reminder of the essentials needed to venture into the wilderness for a hike.
Daimler and BMW join forces in car-sharing and electric-vehicle charging
- This is good news road travelers who are waiting for electric vehicles to get a decent range and charging network. Daimler, the manufacturer of Mercedes, and BMW are significant brands in Europe, and this effort should have an impact on the development of charging networks.