News and tips on road trips, campervans, and electric vehiclesFord introduced Transit Nugget campervan, available in 2019
- Westfalia has designed the Transit Nugget campervan on the new Ford Transit van body. Long and compact wheelbases are available, as well as normal height van and a taller model.
- Venice in northern Italy is one the most overcrowded tourist destinations in the world. Residents have been fed up with the constant flow of tourists for years, and they have also ensured visitors are aware of their opinion. BBC has learned that the city of canals will charge a tourist tax between 2.50 and 10 euros per visitor in 2019. It is easy to make visitors arriving on a cruise ship to pay, but let’s wait and see how officials intend to catch the rest.
- InsideEV has collected a list with eight compact electric cars that feature a reasonable range even for road trips. At the moment, some of the listed vehicles are still unavailable, which means that the range in real life situations still has to be tested. Usually, it tends to be shorter than the specification sheet indicates.
- Moving to another country is one of the biggest decision a person can make during his or her life. Some people may consider a temporary expat assignment, others a permanent move, whereas more and more people want to roam the world like a digital nomad. Now, an online tool lets you compare a number of factors in a country you are thinking of against your home country.
Klaava Travel Guide has published a guidebook that focuses on one of the most exciting Spanish cities: Valencia. Plenty of tourists from North and South America and Europe arrive in Valencia to tour the sights (around the year) and to join the Fallas fiesta party in the historic city center (in March). The book has tips for accommodation, food and local culture as well.Air bed models 2019 for camping for all budgets reviewed
- Not only these inflatable mattresses provide a little soft comfort for camping, they also isolate a sleeping camper from the ground. Another use case for these air beds is campervans with so little space that the beds have to be made in the evening and packed up in the morning.
- Not all cars come with dashboard GPS navigators, and even if they do, those navigators can be practically useless in certain situations. For instance, campervan and motorhome drivers may want to have a dedicated navigator that understands the requirements of a large vehicle. We are using a 10-inch tablet as our dedicated campervan navigator, but Cnet reports that Garmin has introduced a model with 6.95-inch screen. SmartDrive indeed.