News and tips on travel, gear and photography
This electric RV is powered by solar
- Motorhome vendor Dethleffs has designed and built a working prototype of an electric RV/camper van (we call them motorhomes, anyway). The prototype, known as e.home, looks quite bizarre: it is completely covered by solar panels. At the moment, batteries provide energy for a 167km/103 miles – 280 km/174 miles long drive. As Treehugger states, a vehicle like this would be ideal for slow travel. Drive in the morning, have a long (several hours long) lunch break while the batteries are charged, and drive another leg in the afternoon.
Totally Free, Genuinely Useful Camping Gear
- Useful and smart tips for turning something you already have into something else that you need in the wilderness. My favorite: how to open a can without a can opener or knife.
Virtual reality, online booking sites have yet to replace traditional travel tools, says report
- A research by Mintel indicates that American travelers still trust travel agents for their bookings, and they have no interest in Virtual Reality when it comes to travel. Also travel chatbots are rejected by tourists, and I can confirm after testing a couple of chatbots that the experience was extremely frustrating.
The Lily Drone is Back from the Grave and Ready to Try Another Takeoff
- The Lily drone was attractive proposition for travelers because the product promise was that you could fold into a backpack and it would automatically follow you in the air, capturing photos and video. The startup that created it went broke a few months ago, but another company bought the assets, updated the product design and features, and is making Lily drone available, after all. The initial price will be $500.
Nudists strip off at new zone in Paris park
- Bois de Vincennes is a large park in Paris, France – so large that city officials believe they can fit in a nudist area in there. Very interesting experiment that will, however, end on 15th October, 2017. Will we see a peak in arrivals in Paris during September and October?
Dashcam Footage Showing What Happens When You Roll a Towed Camping Trailer
- Have you wondered why vehicles towing caravans/camper trailers drive so slowly? I have, many times. Fortunately, they are getting fewer on European roads, at least. Here is a video captured by a truck driver’s dashcam that shows what happened when a SUV towing a caravan drove too fast.
These 10 innovative items embody 2017’s top travel gear trends
- A number of new innovations that should make travel more convenient. Flexible, multi-purpose luggage, sleeping platform for children, and luggage tracking apps are my favorites from these products.
10 best camping apps for Android
- Many of these camping-related applications are intended for use in North America. For navigation on the roads anywhere in the world, download Maps.me which is the only app that reliably works offline.
Top 5 Destinations for Outdoor Activities in North Scandinavia
- Lapland in the north region of Finland, Norway and Sweden is described as the Europe’s last large wilderness. The article introduces five destinations in Nordic countries (north of the Arctic Circle) for outdoor lovers both for summer and winter fun.
Two young migrants attempt to cross choppy waters from Morocco to Spain on a surfboard
- If there is a mother of all travel hacks, this is it – for now. Tarifa is the southernmost town of Spain. You can see Morocco’s coastline and mountains from Tarifa because the distance is only 16 km / 10 miles. Two young guys were paddling from Morocco to Spain on a surfboard before the Spanish Coast Guard saved them. The wind can be vicious in the narrow strait between the European and African continents.