News and tips on travel, tech and gear
Tips to Help Plan a Road Trip
Clicking with Purpose
- A road trip organizer shares a few tips for planning journeys. The tips have been written with Africa in mind, but many are applicable anywhere in the world.
Van Conversion Guide
- A how-to ebook for converting an ordinary cargo van into a comfortable campervan. The ebook costs only $5, and features instructions for building a campervan with a small budget. Complex conversion projects like kitchen and bathroom are not included in this book.
Amazon Fire Tablet Review: What It’s Like to Travel with This Tablet
- A traveler who liked her Apple iPad tablet, but wanted a smaller tablet for her trips, tried out the Amazon Fire 7-inch model. She is happy with the tablet: it is small, can be used as an ereader and entertainment provider for children, and it is only $50.
Why I Quit Being A Digital Nomad (And Moved Back To The US)
- The best definitions for the terms digital nomad and location independent I have ever seen. After seven years on the road as a digital nomad, the Expert Vagabond has become a location independent human being.
Glamping in central France: a rural retreat that’s packed with creature comforts
- The gems of Central France, such as Dordogne and Lot may not be secret destinations anymore that only experts knew about, but it feels like there are endless exciting places for travelers to visit. Here is an article of a glamping campsite that made me think about our next summer’s travel plans.
How self-driving electric cars will change American road trips
The Korea Herald
- A column full of food for thought (applies to all countries, not only the US). The arrival of electric cars and self-driving systems will change the way we do road trips. It is inevitable. But how?
Restrap Bar Bag Holster & Dry Bag & Food Bag
- A bag that is strapped to the handlebar of a road bicycle or a mountain bike. The tester was happy with the product.
Dyson confirms electric car will be launched by 2020
The Sunday Times Driving
- James Dyson, a vacuum cleaner innovator and investor, is planning an electric car. He already has 400 experts working on the project that he says will deliver a product by 2020. We will see then if it is suitable for road travel.